Thursday, December 19, 2013

More Truffles!

I do love making truffles!  Or maybe I actually just love eating them and in order to eat them I first have to make them!  I made two varieties of truffles a couple of months ago and today I have two more. 
The green ones on the left are Mint Oreo Truffles the others are Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles.  The mint ones are made by combining one package of crushed Oreo's (always use double stuff!) with one package of softened cream cheese.  Form into balls and then dip in melted chocolate.  What makes these the most amazing truffles I have made to date are these:
If you can find these in the store, stock up, buy them out but tell me first!  I actually bought these last year and haven't seen them this year. I am going to try and find a perfectly minty alternative, so I have my fingers crossed I can make these again soon!
For the second variety, these are a bit different.  Start by combing equal portions of rice krispie cereal, peanut butter and powdered sugar with a little bit of melted butter.  I first melted my peanut butter just a bit so it would stir easier. 

When I was following the recipe, I didn't have enough peanut butter (my recipe had less peanut butter than the other two dry ingredients).  If I end up making these again, I will start with less cereal and powdered sugar so that my mixture has enough moisture to stick together. 
You can tell it looks a little crumbly.  I had started out using a spoon to stir, but it just wasn't cutting it so I switched to my hands and it made it much easier!  After it is all combined, form into balls.
I have found with all of my truffles that I prefer to freeze them, for at least 15 minutes or so, before dipping them.  Seems to help them hold together.  These get dipped in milk or semi-sweet chocolate.  You could garnish with some melted peanut butter or sprinkle with powdered sugar before the chocolate hardens, but I just ran out of time!
Both varieties are very yummy!  Once again proving that you can mix up just about anything and dip it in chocolate and you will have a winner!


Mint Oreo Truffles
1 package of double stuff Oreo's
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 12 oz package of green mint chips
1/3 C. of white chocolate
Vegetable Oil

1. Crush Oreo's and mix with melted cream cheese.  Form into balls and place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
2. Melt mint chips in double boiler and add oil to make the chocolate more liquid like.
3. Dip truffles in chocolate and place on baking sheet
4. Melt white chocolate and little bit more oil to drizzle on top.

Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles
2-3 C. rice krispies
2 C. peanut butter
2-3 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. butter, melted

Mix all ingredients together, if need be, add up to 1 more cup of cereal and powdered sugar. Mix with hands for best results.  Form into balls and dip in melted chocolate.  Let harden in fridge and store in cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

.