Thursday, August 27, 2015

Passion Fruit Mousse

If you are anything like me, a dessert with the name Passion Fruit in it has to be tried!  When it comes from my favorite food blog and it technically only has 3 ingredients, it is just begging to be made!
I'm still working on my food photography skills, I think I need to buy more brightly colored objects to help, but trust me when I say that if you like fruity, zesty type desserts, this is worth trying!
It was even worth visiting 2 different Latin markets to find the passion fruit pulp!
For anyone living in the Salt Lake Valley, I found it in the frozen food aisle at Rancho Market.  The other 2 ingredients I found at Winco.
Another recipe note, since my pulp bag leaked before I could pour it out, I was left with about 1 1/2 cans of pulp, the Crema cans that is.  This was a bit too strong for my family.  Next time I would only do 1 of the smaller cans worth of pulp.
This is also super easy as you only blend all of these ingredients up and then pour into your desired dishes to chill for a couple of hours before serving!
I hope you give this a try!

Passion Fruit Mousse
As originally found on Our Best Bites

Ingredients

2 14-oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
2 7.5 oz cans of Media Crema ( I found this next to the sweetened condensed milk.  Could also be in Ethnic aisle)
1 small can of Passion fruit pulp or concentrate (not juice)

Directions

1. Start with the Crema, so the condensed milk doesn't stick to the bottom.  Next add the desired amount of pulp and then the condensed milk.  Blend until smooth, scrape down the sides as necessary.  Pour into small serving dishes and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.

For more info and tips, please visit the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

.