Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

I actually teased you with these a couple of weeks ago, and then got so busy I am just now writing the post!  These should be worth the wait!
My sister Amy loves just about anything creamsicle so when I see something that has that in the name, I feel obligated to try it, just in case it is amazing and she needs to try it.  These fit the bill completely!  I know I will be making them again soon as I am using baked good to get the ladies in my Relief Society to read the lesson I will be teaching in advance!
These were so light and the orange flavor added a surprise little punch it was hard to stop at just one.  It doesn't help that I usually make my cookies pretty little, so then one will never suffice!
The base for this cookie is pretty standard, the only thing different is the addition of orange extract and zest.  So I had to buy those, but not a big deal.  Otherwise, I had everything else, ready to go.

Orange Creamsicle Cookies
As originally found on The Baker Upstairs

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp orange extract
2 Tbl orange zest (I zested 1 large orange)
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Line or spray baking sheets and set aside.  In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the egg, vanilla, orange extract and orange zest, mix until combined.  Add the flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix until just combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips
2. Drop rounded scoops of dough onto the prepared pans.  Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.  Take care not to overbake, cookies continue baking even after coming out of the oven.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

.