Monday, July 6, 2015

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie treats always make me feel like a kid again.  Oreo's happen to be one of my favorite cookies and my favorite flavor of ice cream so when I recently aquired a bag full of crushed Oreo's the idea of combining these two great desserts!  I looked up recipes, but didn't find anything simple enough for me, so I just made my own!
I don't have any pictures of this one sliced up, but you get the idea!  I kept with a basic recipe with marshmallows, butter, corn syrup and crispy rice cereal.
I melted the first couple of ingredients and added my crushed up cookies to the cereal so everything was mixed in when I poured my marshmallow mixture on top and proceeded to stir it all together. 
Next time I would use more marshmallows as the cookies increased my dry ingredients and the wet ones need to be increased as well!
Once it was in my pan I melted some milk and white chocolate to make a pretty drizzle!
So give these a try if you like Oreo's and love the classic Rice Krispie treats too!

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

Ingredients:

6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo's
5 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons light Karo syrup
1 10oz package of mini marshmallows plus 2 heaping cups (try 3 cups next time)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

1. In a large bowl combine cereal and crushed Oreo's, set aside.
2. In a very large pot, melt butter, syrup and mini marshmallows.  Stir until melted and smooth.  Fold  cereal mixture into the pot and stir until is is evenly coated.  Press mixture into 9x13 pan.  I had extra and had to use a second pan! 
3. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips and drizzle on top of bars.  I then used the same bowl to melt my chocolate chips and drizzle on top as well.  Let cool before cutting into bars.  Store in airtight container.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

.