Friday, December 26, 2014

Heavenly Banana Cream Pie

Once again, I know it has been awhile!  It has been a crazy couple of months for me!  So while I haven't been posting, I haven't stopping baking!
So it turns out I am not very good at naming my original creations, hopefully this one is aptly named!  I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and it was kinda evolving and changing as I made it!  Even at almost the last second I was making fast changes!  One thing I like about this dessert is that I made it with boxed vanilla pudding, so it can come together pretty fast!
It also has the comfort of a classic with the banana's and the vanilla pudding that classic banana cream pies have.  Something I else I love about this is the unexpected and pleasant surprise that a coconut crust and a hidden layer of fudge add!
As mentioned, it is pretty easy as it starts with a coconut crust.  If you haven't tried one of these, do it now!  By toasting the coconut on the stove top in butter it becomes crunchy but also pliable to mold it into your pie plate. 
Once cooled you can slice up your bananas, spread some hot fudge on top (store bought or you can try THIS recipe that I used)
and then finish off with your prepared vanilla pudding.  So simple! 
Cut and serve with some Cool Whip or Whipped Cream!

Heavenly Banana Cream Pie

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
2 small boxes of vanilla pudding
Milk as per pie instructions on the box
Hot fudge
1-2 banana's
Whipped topping

Instructions:
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet, head and brown the coconut flakes, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.  They should be golden brown.  Press the coconut firmly and evenly in the pan to form a shell.  Chill the crust for 30 minutes before filling.
2.  Slice the bananas covering the bottom of the crust.  Pour the hot fudge mixture over the bananas.
3. Mix up pudding as per the pie instructions on the box.  Let it sit for a minute before pouring into the prepared pie plate.  Depending on the size of the pan and how thick you like your pie, you may have extra pudding.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.  Slice and serve with sweetened whipped topping of some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

.